The Education Committee is invested in Academic Resource Development and Capacity Development of teaching faculty to strengthen teaching materials and teaching capacities of both human rights and peace issues in Southeast Asia.
ACADEMIC RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
- Publication and distribution of An Introduction to Human Rights in Southeast Asia Volume 2. The Human Rights in Southeast Asia Volume 1 was funded by SEAHRN.
- Production and distribution of ASEAN Teaching Manual for Human Rights and Peace in Southeast Asia (underway)
Translation Projects: A great limitation on the teaching of human rights and peace is the unavailability of material in national languages. Hence, critical human rights and peace material for research and education will be selected for translation.
- Burmese Translation of An Introduction to Human Rights in Southeast Asia Volume 1 and 2.
- Thai translation of An Introduction to Human Rights in Southeast Asia Volume 1.
The overarching objective of this project is to contribute to the improvement of the human rights of peoples in Southeast Asia through education and applied research.
Activities for Capacity Development
Training on Teaching Human Rights which will provide a solid foundation in human rights and peace theories, and also in teaching methodology, following the regional curriculum to be developed.
- First Training on Teaching Human Rights was held in Bangkok