ABOUT SHAPE-SEA PHASE 2
Building on lessons learned from and the gains of Phase I (2015-2021), the overarching vision of SHAPE-SEA Phase 2 is to instill a culture of human rights and peace in Southeast Asia through applied research, education, inter-sectoral partnerships, and policy advocacy. Furthermore, the programme, based in Bangkok, Thailand, aims to contribute to a “new and better normal” that not only recognizes and addresses diverse lived experiences, but also allows for the full protection of human rights of Southeast Asian peoples and the improvement of the peace situation in the region. SHAPE-SEA shall then play a role in:
- Assist the Programme Director in formulating annual implementation plans and calendar.
- Work closely with the Programme Director to implement annual programme activity as approved by the governing board.
- Coordinate with Finance Team for the Preparation of activity budgets, monitoring the budget usage/ spending, and preparation of activity financial reports.
- Work closely with Communications Manager for public relations materials required for activities
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluations Manager to customize activity monitoring tools and documentation of activities.
- Assist Programme Director in coordinating with Gender and Environmental Experts to design and assess gender and environmental indicators of activities
- Coordinate Selection process of research grants programme and research funds for critical research
- Coordinate with Mentors with regards to content assessment of research process and outputs
- Coordinate with fellow project leads on activities requiring collaboration
- Regularly communicate with project implementers or grantees to ensure efficient and timely delivery of research projects and planned outputs
- Minimum Master of Arts degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Public Policy, Communications
- Significant demonstrated experience in production of knowledge products with maximum impact (research papers, policy outputs, digital outputs)
- Experience in hiring external consultants (finalizing specific TOR)
- Demonstrated experience in managing a project – preparing plans, and budgets.
- Understanding of the overall socio-political situation as well as human rights situation in Southeast Asia
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Preferably Thai Nationality
- Ability to speak and write in least one Southeast Asian language.
- Experience in monitoring activities.
- Experience in preparing activity-level reports (guided by the M&E Manager)
Salary: 27,000 Baht Per Month, with possibility of 10% annual increase based on performance rating
Benefits: Annual Health Insurance and access to staff development
If you are interested to apply, kindly submit the following documents to shapesea.PMO@gmail.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25 January 2023 (23:59 GMT+7).
- Curriculum Vitae (focusing on work over the past five years) (Required)
- Referral Letter from current or previous supervisor and/or work colleague (Desired)
- A 300-word statement on how you, as your preferred PMO staff position, will concretely provide support to SHAPE-SEA in achieving its vision amid the current situation throughout the region (Required)